Tuesday

Day 12: Window Shaker Gift or Stocking Stuffer



Hello Everyone! Kathy Racoosin happily here for Day 12 of the 12 Days of Christmas extravaganza! If you are just joining us, you have some catching up to do! There are ten other inspiring projects made by the talented Bloom Brigade that I find super inspiring and so creative! Keep in mind, if you play along with us during any one of the 12 days and try our project at hand, link up your creation HERE and you’ll be in the running for our Power & Spark 12 Days of Christmas Challenge. You read that right: you’ll have 12 ways to enter. Play along once or try all 12 days for more chances to win a $50 shopping spree to the Power Poppy Shop!

In past years on my blog I have created a version of the Christmas Cracker but, nothing like these for Day 9. This year I set out to create a Window Shaker -- a small gift or stocking stuffer filled with some essentials for the crafter or that person who loves makeup.


Meet the Window Shaker crafted from up-cycled toilet paper rolls! In the video below, you will see how I crafted these and what's inside.


Now all I need to do is decorate these and that's the most fun part.


One of the window shakers was designed to give to a crafter with a bag of beautiful sequins, a tiny punch, pencil sharper, hand lotion and a perfume sample.


The second window shaker was designed for a make up aficionado. I have been saving my beauty samples or "gifts" and they were perfect to put inside.


Everything I used for my shakers I found in my house and that was appealing to me. If I was making several of these, I would have to do a little shopping. To keep everything intact and in the roll, I wrapped them with waxed paper. I love the look and feel of wax paper but, colored tissue paper would be beautiful too. I do recommend to die cut the window in the paper that you will be wrapping the roll with.


To decorate my window shakers I stamped the "Rustic Rejoicing" stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on some Neenah cardstock.


Outlining the image with a blue marker guided me where to cut out the image to decorate the shaker. 


The "tags" I created were attached with a glue dot. I decided to cut through the wax paper so the window would be more see through. Thank goodness it was easy.


I used my scissors to cut the window out of the wax paper and fringed the ends for extra fluff.


The "Rustic Rejoicing" stamp set is sooo beautiful I had to stamp the pinecone clusters again to relax, chill and color. I will finish this later but, just wanted to share with you.

Thank you for your visit today and I hope you picked up a tip or a trick. Remember, if you try any one of the 12 projects featured during our 12 Days of Christmas -- be sure to link up your creation HERE so that you are in the running for the $50 shopping spree to the Power Poppy Shop!

Have a good start to your week and I hope you feel the joy of the season!

Hugs, 
Kathy Racoosin

2 comments:

FD91354 said...

What a great idea. Perfect for wrapping something for the stocking! I love the reusing what is around already (recycle!). And, of course, beautiful coloring.. Your pine cones are gorgeous..

Paulette S said...

Great ideas, Kathy!
Craftqueen417 at yahoo dot com